Detention Center | Visitation Rules
VISITATION IS AN INMATE PRIVILEGE. VISITING PRIVILEGES MAY BE REVOKED, CANCELLED, OR SUSPENDED IF AN INMATE IS ON DISCIPLINARY ACTION. VISITING SESSIONS WILL BE CANCELLED IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION.
- Visitors must register with the Correctional Officer in charge of visiting. Visitors are not allowed in the building for visiting until thirty (30) minutes before the start of visiting.
- Visiting is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Visiting sessions are limited to thirty (30) minutes each week.
- All visitors are subject to search while in the Detention Center. Food and beverages are prohibited in the waiting and visiting area.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older with a photograph identification. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian. Birth Certificate or proof of guardianship is required.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for the direct care and control of the children they bring to the facility.
- Drugs or alcoholic beverages are prohibited on Detention Center property. Persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied visits and may be subject to arrest.
- All visitors must be dressed appropriately. Bikinis, halter/tube tops, excessively short shorts/skirts, and transparent or sheer clothing will not be allowed in the visiting area.
- One (1) adult will be permitted to visit an inmate at a time. No more than two (2) adults may register to share the allotted ½ hour visit.
- Inmate property will only be accepted or released during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays.
- No cameras, video equipment, or tape recorders will be allowed in the Detention Center.
- Handbags, purses, briefcases, or other bags are not allowed in the visiting area. It is recommended that visitors not bring personal belongings to the Detention Center or leave all personal belongings in a secure area of their vehicle while in the Detention Center. The Detention Center will not be responsible for any article(s) lost, damaged, or stolen from vehicles parked on our property.
- Smoking is prohibited inside all areas of the Detention Center. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside the building.
- Visitors that have "No Contact" orders issued from the court will not be allowed to visit the inmate.
- Disruptive noise or behavior, as determined by staff, will not be tolerated. Individuals engaging in such activity will be asked to leave.
- Any violations of the rules will be cause for removal from the Cecil County Detention Center.
- Loitering is strictly prohibited. Those determined to be on Detention Center property for reasons other than to conduct legitimate business will be asked to leave.